- 12 medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeños, stemmed (omit for mild salsa, use 1 jalapeño for medium salsa and 2 jalapeños for hot salsa, note that spiciness will depend on heat of actual peppers used)
- ½ chopped salad onion
- ¼ cup packed fresh coriander leaves
- 2 medium limes, juiced
- salt, to taste
- Grill or roast tomatillos & jalapeno(s) in oven until they are blistered and black-ish – this should take about 5 mins each side.
- Meanwhile blitz the onion, coriander, lime juice and salt in a food processor or blender.
- Pop all the tomatillos, chillies and their roastign uices into the blender and pulse until the mixture is mostly smooth (no big chunkc of tomatillo should remain. Be careful to follow the directions on your processor/blender regarding blending at temperature and wait for the mixture to cool before blending if necessary.
- Season to taste.
Optional – once the mixture is cooled make this a creamy salsa by adding in 2 diced avocado and blending until smooth.
Storage suggestions: This recipe will keep well in the fridge, cover it or pop it in a jar – should last at least a week. If you add avocado, it will keep well for about 3 days but must be in an airtight container.
Get Better Groceries Delivered Weekly