- 4-5 medium, over-ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 & 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional – can be left out, or replaced with chocolate chips)
- 1. Preheat oven to 180° Celsius.
- 2. Lightly oil a loaf tin.
- 3. Peel bananas and place them into a large mixing bowl. Mash well with a fork or potato masher.
- 4. Add raw sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla to the bowl. Stir until well-mixed.
- 5. Add the flour to the bowl, then sprinkle the baking soda, spices and salt on top of the flour.
- 6. Stir everything together just until mixed.
- 7. Fold in the walnuts.
- 8. Spoon the batter into the prepared tin.
- 9. Sprinkle the top with extra brown sugar.
- 10. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 11. Remove the pan from the oven and transfer it to a cooling rack. Allow the loaf to cool for at least 15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
Get Better Groceries Delivered Weekly