Need a food processor.
Perfect small dish or side salad with a meal.
For the Bread Crumbs:
- 3x Slices of day old bread
- 1x Large garlic clove
- 3x Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
For the Spinach:
- Extra vigin olive oil
- 2x Garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 450grams of bunched spinach, rinsed, drained, stemmed,
- and roughly chopped or pre-washed baby spinach
- 1 to 2x tablespoons fresh lemon juice + more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Make the Bread Crumbs:
- Pulse the bread and minced garlic in a food processor until it forms small bread crumbs.
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add the bread crumb mixture and cook.
- Continuously stir until the bread crumbs are golden (approximately 3-5minutes).
- Immediately turn the bread crumbs onto a plate and scatter them so the can cool down.
Make the Spinach:
- Return the fry pan back to medium heat.
- Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom the fry pan (should be approximately 3x tabkespoons).
- Toss in sliced garlic and cook. Continuously stirring for about 1minute.
- Add half of the spinach (225grams) to the fry pan.
- Frequently toss the spinach, make sure to also toss the garlic so it doesn’t burn.
- Cook spinach until it begins to wilt.
- Moving quickly, immediately add the remiaing spinach to the fry pan.
- Toss and stir until all the spinach has wilted. This should take about 5minutes total if your using baby spinach or up to 10 minutes if youre using mature spinach.
- Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the fry pan from the heat.
- Taste test it, and add if desired more lemon juice, salt and/or pepper.
- To serve, pile the spinach in a serving bowl and sprinkle over desired amount of the bread crumbs.
- Serve immediately.
Get Better Groceries Delivered Weekly