- 1L (4cups) Chicken Stock
- 3 x 180g Chicken Breast Fillets
- 400g Spelt Fettucine (or other long) pasta
- 1/2 Bunch (2cups) Chopped Kale
- 40g (1/3cup) Chopped Walnuts
- 3 x Garlic Cloves
- 165mL (2/3cup) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 40g (1/2cup) of Parmesan, plus extra to serve.
- Lemon Wedges to Serve.
- Place chicken stock in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Top up saucepan with boiling water, enough to ensure the pan is 3/4 full.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add chicken and andlet it simmer for 3-4minutes.
- Add in the pasta.
- Cook for a further 10minutes or until the pasta is soft, and the chicken is cooked through.
- Set aside.
- Now for the kale pesto. Place kale, walnuts, garlic, oil and Parmesan in your food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Back to saucepan. Drain chicken and pasta. Reserve 80mL (1/3cup) of liquid.
- Shred the chicken, use two forks to pull a part
- Toss pasta with half the pesto kale and reserved cooking liquid.
- Dish up.
- Top with remaining pesto, parmesan and walnuts.
- Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy.
Get Better Groceries Delivered Weekly