- 3x Mandarins
- 1x Cup of Oil
- 4x eggs
- 1x Cup of Raw Sugar
- 4x Cups of Plain Flour, sifted
- 125g of Almond Meal
- 2x Tablespoons of Bicarbonate Soda (Bi-carb Soda)
- 1x Tablespoon of Salt
- 1x Tablespoon of milk
- Simmer whole mandarins, covered with water, until soft.
- Puree whole mandarins in food processor or blender.
- Place in large bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add a small amount of milk or fruit juice if mixture is a bit stiff. (It should be loose without being too wet).
- Pour into mixture into a greased and lined baking dish or two large loaf pans.
- Bake at 180C for approximately 50 – 60 minutes.
- Cake is cooked when sides shrink from pan. Another test is to place skewer in the middle and pull it out, if it comes out clean the mixture is cooked.
- Allow to cool before turning out of pan.
- Can be left plain or iced with cream cheese icing, or icing sugar and topped with more cut up mandarin and almonds.
Get Better Groceries Delivered Weekly