1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Generous pinch sea salt flakes
The Vegan Dairy’s Dutch chocolate creme or European yoghurt, to serve
- Slice the top and bottom off a large pineapple. Stand the pineapple upright on one of the sliced edges. Using a sharp knife, carefully trim the peel off the pineapple, ensuring you remove all the thorny bits.
- Slice the pineapple from the top down to create eight long wedges (kind of like slicing a pizza or cake). Trim the hard core bits off the middle of the pieces.
- Skewer the pieces lengthwise with bamboo skewers. Place the pieces on a large plate.
- Mix maple syrup, cinnamon and salt together in a small bowl. Drizzle the syrup mix over the pineapple pieces, and rub to coat thoroughly.
- Heat a grill pan on the barbecue or cooktop on high. Place a couple pineapple pieces on the hot grill at a time, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and grill marks appear. Repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Serve hot with The Vegan Dairy’s Dutch chocolate creme or European yoghurt for a delicious, refreshing dessert.