Ingredients (for the filling):
- 3-4 Stalks of Rhubarb
- 3 Bosc Pears
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Ground Cinnamon
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice andZest of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
Ingredients (for the crumble topping):
- 1/4 cup of Walnuts
- 4tbsp cold butter, diced
- 1/4 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- Optional: ice cream, whipping cream or yoghurt, to serve.
- Preheat your oven 400degrees.
- Grease a deep pie dish with butter and set aside.
- Melt the 2tablespoons of butter un a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Mix together the rhubarb, pears, brown sugar, cinnamon, orange zest, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Add the mixture to the saucepan with butter.
- Cook on low heat until the rhubarb is tender (10-12minutes, approximately).
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pull out your food processor.
- Mix your walnuts, butter, flour, cinnamon a d brown sugar into food processor bowl.
- Process (pulse) until clumps form.
- Pour the rhubarb and pear mixture into the pipe dish you set aside at the start.
- Spread the crumble mixture from your food processor on top.
- Bake for 30-40minutes or until the top is brown and the juices are bubbly.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or yoghurt.
Get Better Groceries Delivered Weekly