- 1.5 cups dry quinoa
- 3 beetroot, peeled
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar + 1 tsp sugar
- Handful of kale
- Handful of fresh mint
- Arils from 1 pomegranate
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Boil whole beetroot in water, apple cider vinegar and sugar for approximately 15 minutes, you still want it to be a little crunchy.
- Once cooled, cut into matchsticks and set aside in the fridge.
- Rinse the quinoa then cook with 3 cups water until all the liquid is absorbed/according to packet directions.
- Finely chop the kale and mint leaves.
- When the quinoa has cooled, toss all ingredients together and squeeze the lemon juice over, season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
Serve as a side salad with avocado or as a main with your choice of protein.
Get Better Groceries Delivered Weekly