This week is going to be busy for lots of folks so we have built the menu around meals that have elements you can prepare in advance.
On the day I get my delivery I am going to:
- Make a quick radish pickle
- Make a carrot dip
- Marinade chicken (or mushrooms for the vegans….. though to be fair in our house we do both) in a marinade made from a whizzed up fresh garlic, fresh chilli and a heft squeeze of lemon juice.
- marinate some chicken & tofu in sriracha, soy and a squeeze of honey
- grate carrot and beetroot raw and dress with lemon juice and olive oil to keep them from going brown
All these goodies will get popped in the fridge for later in the week. Doing these quick tasks makes my first four meals on this list more about assembling ingredients rather than cooking something complex.
Smashed Avo on toast with a poached egg, mushies on toast. Toast with peanut butter
Leftovers! Egg on toast, curries roast veg on toast.
Spicy popcorn, apple slices with nut butter, fruit or chocky!
- Garlic & chilli chicken (or VEGAN mushroom) wraps with radish pickle & carrot dip
- Garlic, chilli chicken pasta (VEGAN mushrooms instead)
- Buddha bowl w/pickle, dip, matchsticks, avocado, chickpeas, tofu and/or tuna
- Marinated tofu & chicken stir fry with brown rice
- One pan roasted lamb chops with garlic & dried thyme. Served with broccoli & sweet potato (VEGAN swap lamb for nut roast).
- Sri Lankan inspired Mango curry chicken with rice (switch chicken for jackfruit to make this recipe VEGAN)
Get Better Groceries Delivered Weekly